Retirement... that's when you have nothing to do & just sit around, right?
WRONG (praise God! I don't even want to do that!)
When my dear hubby retired, some friends who were a couple of years ahead of us on that told us we would have to consciously set aside date times with each other or time would get filled up & we wouldn't have any more time together than before retirement. And they were right!
So we had set aside today as a "date day." And we started if off with...
BREAKFAST!!! Breakfast is not usually appealing to me and I really don't go for the big country breakfasts at restaurants. But I got to choose, and several friends had told me about the new coffee place in town...
Yes, that IS Nutella on my waffle! And I don't even know how to describe these waffles. They have sugar crystals cooked into the waffle, the waffle has a different (more flavorful) taste than most, and even though it is rather small it is really filling. It is not served with syrup but none is needed.
Hubby had the blueberry one and plain, regular, black coffee...
I, on the other hand, never go for anything plain... so mine was a mocha latte,
and it was delicious to the very last drop! Their coffee REALLY is good!!! And I'm not a coffee "critic," but no after taste, smooth, flavorful, and rich would describe this coffee.
We were on a hunt for a couple of small items that took us to World Market, Target, Pier 1, Walmart, Sears, Tuesday Morning, HomeGoods, Steinmart, Crazy Mary's (a local garden stand) and .... lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. WHEW!!!
Bargain of the day: 4 salad plates (that match 4 bowls & plates I already have) for $2.86!
Now that's what I call a real "date day"...!!!



5 comments:
it looks delicious! What is the name of the place you ate at?
Those are Belgian waffles!! True belgian style waffles that we eat from street vendors here. I HAVE to get the name of this place! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, and I would love to hear about the bloggers reunion. I know it would be fun to meet people face to face - maybe even a little odd when you feel like you know them so much already!
Now back to packing!
Love that deal of the day!
My mouth is watering!
I have missed you, friend! So glad you had a wonderful date day with your hubby!! That coffee looked awesome!
Post a Comment