Saturday, October 15, 2011

Time For Quiet Rest

Mark 6:31 "Come with Me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."

This wall hanging (on the right side) has on it,  "Come with Me to a quiet place.  Mark 6:31"
It hangs on the wall of our mountain home (where we were last week)... where we (and others) have made many memories.

And it was the theme last weekend at our church's annual women's retreat (which I missed for the first time in many years) that my daughter attended. (NewEveryAM.blogspot.com)
When she called to tell me about her weekend, I was sitting on the sofa looking at this wallhanging...  with my Bible laying on the table in front of me, next to my unfinished Bible study...

Yes, Lord, I hear You.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I am in such need of that quiet place right now. Life has been oh too hectic as of late. Thanks for sharing that... it warms my heart.

truth in weakness said...

The past week or two, I've been asking the Lord what He'd like me to write about next on my blog. And I felt like He was leading me to finish an entry that I had started writing a month ago. Sure enough, talking about "being" instead of "doing." So what started off as a theme for a women's retreat is apparently now turning into a theme in the blogosphere. :)

Yes, Lord, I hear you, too -- but please KEEP reminding me!!