Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Squeamish?

This is not for the faint of heart, so be forewarned...

To keep away the rabbits I put a couple of rubber snakes in the garden (I don't think they are really working..)
They aren't very realistic, but for $1 each I thought I'd give it a try.

The yellow is a little bright (are rabbits colorblind?)

And my little kindergarten friend who went to the $1 Store with me to get them told me that this one is a "Grow Snake" (add it to water & it "grows"...)

But today when I walked past, as they lay very still in their places.....
A very small (maybe 9" long & no bigger around than my little finger) brown snake.....
MOVED!
If you are squeamish, look no further...


Since I had my shovel in my hand, I moved quickly
AND
chopped his head off!

3 comments:

Learning as we Live said...

Your lilly in yesterday's post is beautiful! none of mine have bloomed yet. Does sprinkling hair (like after a haircut) keep rabbits away? Supposed to work for deer...

Kellie said...

EEK!! Glad you killed it.

Janet said...

I have been on the second floor of our house, stood on our bed, called Brian on the phone to yell that I saw a little snake in our driveway. (please disregard that I AM a farm girl).

So....you have my highest respect for killing a snake.