Each spring these huge clusters burst forth in beauty and fill their branches to overflowing. Some of the plants rise up to completely cover the front corner of a house, clear up to the roofline. They have braved deep cold and lots of snow through the winter months, but then spring comes and they "show off" with fresh beauty.
This gives me encouragement, realizing that the same mighty God who created these also created me and gives me the opportunity for fresh beauty each day. No, He doesn't take away the wrinkles or give me a new "glow" of skin. But He forgives the sins of my past, recent and long ago. He refreshes me with His Word, promising never to leave me or turn from me. I regret things I say or attitudes that are hurtful to others... He forgives. I berate myself... He builds me up. I feel "unlovely"... He loves me passionately and unswervingly, unconditionally. He helps me see and recognize those things that need to change in my life... and He empowers me to make those changes as only He can do.
I'm so thankful for the fresh beauty that God offers each day!

3 comments:
Amen, sister!!
beautiful! Just like you!
So true, so true! Loved this. :)
Post a Comment