Sunday, July 17, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I'm sure this will lose something in the translation, but use your imagination a bit & insert thoughtful facial expressions along with some voice inflection as I share this little conversation I had with my 7 1/2 year old grandson as he stood on the diving board ready to go in:

MO: "Mimi, the hair on my legs is brown" (insert a bit of disgust in the tone.)
Me: "Yes, it is."
MO: "Why?"
Me: Well, that's just how God made you."
MO: "But the hair on Corey's legs is blonde!" (His uncle whom he adores...)

Me: "That's because he has blonde hair."

MO: (insert expression & tone that the "light bulb" just went on!)  OH, so THAT'S how it goes!"
Me: Yep, that's the way it usually is."
MO: "Daddy has dark brown on his legs..." (insert thoughtfulness....)
Me: "Well, his hair is black..." (We didn't mention the much lighter color that has come in over the last few years...)
MO: "NOW I get it!"
His mom has said for a long time, "He keeps me laughing!"  And he sure makes me laugh, too.

2 comments:

jason and jen said...

Loved your comment on my blog and yes...those initials were CM!!! Glad you are having such a wonderful summer!

Kellie said...

That is so cute! I love those "ah-hah!" moments with the kiddos. :)