Thursday, September 29, 2011

At Last!

At last I am returning to blogging... I've taken lots of pictures over the last few weeks & each time I'd take some I'd think, "this will be great for a blog!"  But then life went on...
Since fall really is here, I realize that I need to change my header... so tomorrow, hopefully.

But I got a fun idea from Kellie (skwmjustme.blogspot.com) that I'm going with today:

1. Something I learned today: That the wood chips in a horse's stall are good to put in the garden because they are saturated with urine which means lots of nitrogen (aren't you glad I shared this information?!)

2. Something I did today: Shoveled, raked, dug, planted, made homemade pimento cheese.

3. Something I prayed for today: Safety & good health for Steve, our good friend Chip, & myself as we overhauled our three garden beds.  Two pickup truck loads of "dirt", digging up big plants, roto-tilling, replanting the big plants... lots of "opportunities" to get hurt or have an accident.

(It started with a truckload of "good" dirt...

Marking the sprinkler heads... laying edging to keep the dirt in the bed,

loading up...

2 guys working really hard all day!
(I did help, but I was the one with the camera...)

4. Something I noticed today: 85 degrees in late September is still hot, but with lower humidity it's not nearly as hot as in July & August.

5. Something I forgot today: to brush my teeth... UGH!!  Can you believe I shared this?!   I woke up just half an hour before our "helper" (friend) was going to arrive & I had one of my grands who had spent the night, so I was focused on pulling on some clothes & getting her fed before he arrived.  So they are getting a double brushing tonight!

6. Something to share today: I constantly battle clutter... my own!  I'm so blessed to be married to a man who never complains about my clutter habit!  I know it's part of being ADD, but I'm realizing too that I just need to minimize get rid of stuff!!  I started today in the garden redo by being willing to throw out some plants that just don't do well or that the rabbits keep eating, and leaving some open space between the plants we put back in.  It's minimal, but it's a start.
(These are the plants going back in...)

7. Something I'm glad I did today: took time to make a nice lunch (homemade pimento cheese; cut up cantaloupe and mango served with grapes; fresh cookies) for my "workers" & sat awhile for lunch.

The bonus was that my daughter dropped by to sit with us for awhile, and each of the grands came by for a few minutes (it helped that I had fresh-out- of-the-oven cookies & they knew it!) 


8. Something I need to do: Be more consistent in blogging!  Just need to get all those stories in my head transferred to my fingers...

9. If you want to do a "Something" post: please, feel free to do so!  I'd love to read yours!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Your gardens are always so fruitful and beautiful.
I'm so glad I got to test-taste your goodies. Love you, Mom!!!

Karen Bannan said...

I'm not sure which I liked better -- the photos or the words! Looks like you were really productive! Can you send some cookies over this way???

Kellie said...

Loved your "something" post. :) I bet that pimiento cheese was something good!

truth in weakness said...

wouldn't this be a great exercise to do at the end of every day? i know, not realistic, but i love the idea. 1 & 5 made me laugh. ;) and GIIIIRL can i relate to the clutter battle! if my stamina could just equal my clutter, i'd be in awesome shape. LOL.

welcome back -- i've missed you here!