I admit... I have been AWOL for the past week! But I had a good reason... VACATION!
We just spent a week at the OBX (for non-Carolinians... that's "Outer Banks"), post "Irene". Fortunately "she" didn't cut off the part of it where we had planned to be. There was evidence of damage; mostly piles of yard trash, piles of dock pieces, soaked carpet, some mattresses, and other odds & ends. There were some businesses on the sound side still unable to open but for the most part the community had worked hard to get things cleaned up for the Labor Day vacation crowd. We had great weather the entire week & missed the predicted daytime rain.
Somehow I forgot to take my camera each time I went to the beach, but I can tell you that the surf looked nothing like the picture in my header! I've never see such high waves crashing on a North Carolina beach! They were coming from both directions & crashing into one another. It was beautiful in an unusual way. God's majesty was once again almost overwhelming!
2 comments:
I noticed the different, rough waves when we were at the beach, too! Glad Irene didn't disrupt your travel plans!
Glad you had a wonderful trip!! :)
Post a Comment