Monday, September 12, 2011

Biking vs. Biking

I love to bike at the OBX because they have sidewalks & trails that are for bikers... and because most of it is fairly flat with only a few hills.  So we went biking twice last week there.
The first day we biked was shortly after we got there, & we had beautiful weather.  Sometimes we have a big group trying to stay together, but that day we just went with one other couple who are our dear friends.
We rode at a "leisurely" too slow for this guy who is an avid rider pace and even carried on some conversation (parts of the "cement trail" are wide enough to ride side by side.)
Taking off from our house-for-the-week (that's our driveway, but the house here is the one across the street which is a brand new house for sale), we rode 6 miles up through Duck and back (total of 12 miles).

A couple of nights later we had torrential rains during the night, so there were a lot of really big puddles to ride through and eventually flooding of the road.

We got to ride with another couple who are also dear friends, & it started out much the same as our previous ride...

But when we got back, we were a little bit lot dirtier...
Now I'd like you to think that the mark on my shirt was sweat....
But it was just plain dirt/mud that splashed up on me when I rode through the really big puddles!  Oh yeah, it was shower time!!!  But we sure had fun!  And rode another 12 miles that day (so how could I have gained 2 pounds over the course of the week???!!!  Oh yeah, I guess all the ice cream bars, M&M's, snacks, desserts, pasta comfort food, and fried seafood might have had something to do with that...)

3 comments:

Learning as we Live said...

We had a great time! I don't even want to check the scale...I ate way too much junk food!

Gretchen said...

I hope I can be such a hottie in work out gear when I'm your age as you are! You're just so stinkin' cute!!!

Kellie said...

You are amazing, my friend! I applaud you for all of that bike ridin'!! :) Glad you had a great time with your friends!