Sunday, November 27, 2011

Easy Yum

For the first time in many years I made pumpkin pies from real pumpkins this fall.  I tried it years ago, but after cutting, boiling, & peeling I didn't think it was worth it.  Then a few weeks ago a friend told me about cutting a pumpkin in half (using small pumpkins) & baking them skin side up.  When they're done, the peel comes right off!  The difference in the taste (& texture) of the pie was amazing!

Tonight I came up with a new recipe that doesn't have to use fresh pumpkin.  I had most of a pumpkin pie left over, so I scooped out the filling, added several ginger snaps (crushed), & most of a 1/2 gallon of vanilla bean ice cream & mixed it all together.  Then I put it in a graham cracker crust & put it in the freezer.  YUM!!!

2 comments:

O Mom said...

Great tip! And your pie sounds amazing!

Unknown said...

Excellent recipe! I have an entire pie left over and have no idea what to do with it! xo