He was my heart-throb then and he is my heart-throb today. We've had many peaks together....
and a few valleys... But through all these years God has blessed us in so many ways. And He has blessed me with a man of integrity, deep convictions, strong commitment to God, family, and friends, and a man of many "facets."
Although he is known as "Safety Man" and is always the first to say, "be careful".... he has a bit of wild side too...
He never rides without full gear though: Kevalar in his pants & jacket (the jacket is SO heavy!), boots, gloves, etc. But he travels long distances on his quarterly rides with his buddies.
His interests are varied....
But he has one or two that are his favorites....
Spending time with his grandchildren ranks right up there at the top! He is a fantastic Papa & loves to do things with these children.
He is tender hearted...
And though he is a manly-man, he isn't afraid to shed tears in front of others.
He dearly loves his children....
ALL of them....
He's not afraid to be goofy...
He makes us laugh...
He's tough when he needs to be... like getting rid of a 5 ft. long snake!
He does things he doesn't want to do (like pick blueberries) just because
(and like working MY garden soil because I love to garden)
(and like going to the fireworks display on July 4th because I love them...)
He likes to read (Christian fiction)....
And "research" things on the internet (all I have to do is say, "I wonder about..." and he is ON it!)
He loves sports (and the "roar" of a golf tournament or a baseball game has been the background for my Sunday afternoon naps for many years...)
He shows me he loves me....
and he tells me he loves me...
And I believe him! I loved him when we each said, "I do" 44 years ago today. But I love him SO much more now!
This man has given me a lifetime of love and he really is the love of my life!


























8 comments:
What a treasure of pictures. Yes, he is such a gift to all of us... you both are! Your marriage is beautiful example of Christ's love and a lifelong commitment to enjoying life together. Thank you for blessing me in so many ways.
Happy Anniversary! What a lovely tribute to a fantastic marriage. Hope my post looks like this in about 22 years. xxxooo
How sweet....Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! I love you both!
Leslie
Happy Anniversary you two! What a wonderful example you are to others! :)
ah, so THIS is what my anniversary blog post will look like in 29 years! ;) a "tad" different from the one i just wrote. LOL
i am so grateful for the love & joy that the Lord has woven throughout the tapestry of your marriage. and thankful for your godly example to us during the past 14 of our 15 yrs -- & counting!
lots of love & anniversary hugs to you both,
tanya
Great post and pictures! Happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary (late) and the pictures of the 2 of you are precious!
Post a Comment