Thursday, November 3, 2011

Girls' Surprise

I love surprises!  I love to be surprised and I love to surprise others.  So I "hatched" a plan to surprise my two granddaughters...
And when I told them what it was, the looks on their faces were priceless...

I had told them that my friend was coming over one morning while we were in the mountains.  They asked a few questions about her, but I was rather vague in my answers.  When she arrived I explained why she came...
We became friends through her business... she is a wonderful massage therapist!  Over the last few years we have gotten to know each other better and she has become a dear friend.  I recently learned that she can "bring" the massage to a home, so the idea was planted...

They had heard their mom and me talk about what a wonderful massage she gives and had said many times how much they would love to have a real massage.

 She is really a professional and they came out of it sharing our wonder of how relaxing and therapeutic it is.

But she went a step further, so they would have something special to do while the other one was getting her massage...
She brought a foot bath (that made bubbles while it gurgled) and a paraffin dip for hands.
After they both had a massage, their mom had a massage, and we all had a foot soak and a paraffin dip, we had a girls' lunch together with my friend.  What a special day it was!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

That is awesome. :) I know you all had a wonderful time... and made more memories!

Amy said...

What a wonderful Girly Day!!

Gretchen said...

What a delish day it was in so many ways! Thank you for such a wonderful and oh-so-relaxing memory for all of us to cherish. You're the best!