I finally went to the hand doctor today after 2 wks. of being loaded up on Motrin, 1 wk. of "Icy Hot" (which didn't do SQUAT!) & a brace from the drugstore, & still much pain in my left thumb. I was sure it was tendonitis (I always love to make my own diagnosis, & told the GI specialist a few years ago that I was SURE I did NOT have gall stones... then had my gall bladder removed about a week later). So Dr. Hand (not his real name) took x-rays of my hand & came back in to tell me that a bone chip had broken away. He said it is about the size of a piece of rice, but as it moves around it irritates the tendon & nerves. So now I have a custom made brace to wear for 4 WEEKS! 24/7 except to shower!!! And let me tell you, it would not be good to make me mad while I am in swinging range... I could take you out with this baby!
Before having the brace molded to my hand, I got 4 shots: 2 at the base of the thumb & 2 at the base of my tall-man finger for "trigger finger" which I've had a long time. I usually don't mind shots, but I thought they were going to have to scrape me off the ceiling! When I say they hurt, that is minimizing the fact to the utmost! Now I "look forward" to going back next week to get the same thing in my "tallman finger" on the other hand for trigger finger. I'm just so glad he decided it was best not to inject both hands today, so I could drive home. Tall-man was so numb, I think you could have sliced it off & I wouldn't have known it! Imagine if both hands had been that way.... look out on the road!
I am so thankful to God that these are minimal discomforts compared to what others have. I know from the Scriptures: "Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light & momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." (2 Corinthians 4:16,17)
I would have posted this earlier... but as you can imagine, I have been slowed down a bit
5 comments:
We prayed for you tonight at Awanas. Thanks for the update!
Thanks for the prayers! This 1-handed typing is slow, but after being a "typer" with both hands forever, I'm learning to be a "peck-w/1 hander" pretty quickly!
Oh my word- I'm having sympathetic pain across town as I read this. Bless your heart (and hand!).
Who knew when you eat rice, it could end up in your thumb!
Well, your R, might expect that, but no more rice than I eat?!
Post a Comment