Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Gladitudes


Tuesday is Gladitude Day, so here are some of mine:
1. Glad we had a large group of troops at the USO today. I love to scoop up the free food for them & watch them enjoy it. They are SO young! And they are so appreciative of what we do for them at the USO. Yet we are so grateful to them for serving our country.
2. Glad that I can come home to a sweet hubby who is fine with "snacking around" for supper (which means you just find your own whatever, like cheese & crackers, or for me, cereal.)
3. Glad that my sweet grandchildren can & do just "drop in" for a few minutes frequently. They light up my life!
4. Glad that we live in a free country & that so far God has greatly blessed us as a nation.
5. Glad that I got into a hand doctor for an appointment tomorrow! We'll see if he agrees with me that it is tendonitis that is paralyzing my left thumb.
6. Glad for family & friends who mean the world to me.
7. Glad that home is a great place to be: warm, comfortable, peaceful, & a wonderful place to share my life with DH.
8. Glad that each day is an adventure with God! His ways are always perfect.
9. Glad that I get to spend some time this week with the wives of our pastors. I love hearing all God is doing in each of their lives.
10. Glad that CPQ listed her "gladitudes" so I was reminded to do the same. It is so much better & healthier to think on those things for which I am grateful instead of whining.

8 comments:

Kellie said...

I needed that today. Hmmm.... maybe I need to do some "Gladitudes", too... :)

Janet said...

I really do believe being thankful and grateful for even little things can do so much in a person's life. God is so good!

Carpool Queen said...

Glad you're going to see somebody about your wrist- That's just no fun at all.

Gretchen said...

I'm GLAD you're my mom!

Sandy said...

I'm GLAD to be your mom! You are the most wonderful daughter!

Robin aka Chosen said...

I hope you find out something definitive about your wrist. I am glad we live next to my in-laws so mine can see Memaw and Pa whenever!

Melanie said...

Just read your comment and you have me curious as to "the other thing you are praying for me."
Thanks for your intercession for Andrew and our family!
Love,
Melanie

Sandy said...

Melanie,
I just meant the way someone else words something encourages me to agree with them in prayer. It's such a privilege to be praying for you daily, & as I read what others are praying it stimulates me to pray more fervently. Sorry if it was confusing.
Love to you & all your family!