Friday, October 23, 2009

How Many?



My DH is a wonderful guy! He does all the laundry, vacuuming, & mowing the lawn (since retiring). He would be the first to tell you that he is NOT a Mr. Fix-it. When we had an inside leak in a toilet recently, he replaced the "in-the-tank" parts. But I could still hear water slowly seeping out. He checked again, but said, "You know, Dick will be here this weekend & he loves a project. Plus he knows about this kind of stuff." So just before our friends were ready to leave after their visit, I remembered that we were going to enlist Dick's help. So all 3 men went into our (small) bathroom to "fix" the problem. It was a simple fix, but struck me as funny to see all 3 of them "involved" in the fixing process. So how many men does it take to shorten the small chain in the toilet tank? Well, 1 to do the job, 1 to oversee, & 1 to say that the job is done! How thankful I am to God for faithful friends! "A friend loves at all times" (even enough to fix your toilet!)" Proverbs 17:17

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

too funny. and that makes at least two times i heard something about DH that reminds me of my dad (who would also be the first to admit that he's no mr. fix-it, & would therefore be standing exactly where DH is in this pic). ;)

the other time was when i heard about y'all taking a pic of him fixing "dinner" yrs ago. if only my sisters & i would have thought of that on that one special day my dad opened the can of spaghetti-Os!! . . . ;)

- TZ

Kellie said...

That is so funny!! I love moments like that... :)

Glad you have a blog I can follow. I need to get you that brittle recipe!!!!