What is peace? It is coming to the point where I ask God for something specific, but then reach the point where I am willing to accept whatever HIS will is, even if it means His answer is "No". And I found peace this AM on my way to the Doctor's office: the doctor who was going to give me a "second opinion."
I've never gone that route before, but when I went back to my doctor in June because I was still having pain from my surgery in Feb. & he diagnosed a different problem that would require yet another surgery, I was devastated. I had tried to be very patient about the healing from surgery number one on my right hand in Dec., & patient about the Feb. surgery on my left hand taking so long to heal, because there was an end in sight. But the thought of another 12+ weeks of healing on a more complex surgery was not something I was ready to grasp.
I had asked so many people to pray that God would heal my left hand/wrist so that I would not have to have more surgery. I know God CAN heal, I know that sometimes He chooses NOT to heal, & I wanted to come to the place of accepting either.
So when this doctor today said that he did not recommend surgery....I was doin' the happy dance!!! He was so thorough in explaining everything & suggesting a different course of therapy, which started with a really painful shot... but I've had those shots before & they sure beat surgery!!
Thank You, God, for this blessing. And thank You for bringing me to a place of acceptance & peace. And thank You for all those who were praying & giving us the opportunity to "see" You work. Once again, to God be the glory!
6 comments:
Wonderful, wonderful news!!! Praise God!!!!
So glad to hear your good news!
That is awesome! I am so thankful for how the Lord guides our steps and helps us keep believing and trusting in HIM. Those are the lessons we learn through the trials and they stick with us!
So glad you do not have to have another surgery.
That is a great reason to be doing the happy dance! What a blessing! Praise the Lord! So glad for you. :)
That IS good news. What a relief for you. Onward and upward!
Post a Comment