Our annual trip "up into the hills" over Independence Day weekend includes blueberry picking at our favorite place: Old Orchard Creek.
Not just a place to pick berries, this place is beautiful (here's where you pay for the berries, hang out, get a soft drink, swap stories with other visitors & the owners, & just relax).
It puts a smile on our faces (& a little "blue stain" too...)
It is a family affair, but even more special this year having "Uncle Corey" with us... and...
his lovely "bride-to-be"...
who has captured our hearts!
We ALL picked berries this year (even Papa, since he forgot his book... yay, more blueberries for the year!)
A beautiful place, a beautiful day, a great way to observe God's beautiful creation.
What can be more beautiful?









4 comments:
What a fun and lovely family tradition!
Quite possibly my favorite fruit. I made blueberry stuffed french toast today for our overnight 4th of July guests. Slightly disappointed in our cherries this year. I always make a pie, but our summer has been so cold, they're still a week or 2 from being ripe (if they survive the birds!). However, the blueberries? Righteous.
I've never gone blueberry picking but next year I think I want to plant my own shrubs. I hear they're pretty easy to grow.
I've never picked blueberries before. Course your daughter can attest to how happy strawberry picking makes me, so I'm sure it would be just wonderful! Looks like you all had a great weekend!
Post a Comment