Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dumb Things I Do

I do some pretty "dumb" things sometimes, but I may have topped my list yesterday...
I've taken to recharging my phone on my bedside table at night.  I have a surge protector plugged into the wall & it lays nicely along side the wastebasket squeezed in between the bed & the nightstand.
Mistake #1: Sunday I went to throw away the disposable cup on the nightstand & realized it had a little water in it.. just a "little" mind you.  Knowing I planned to empty the wastebasket, I put it carefully down in there so the "little" bit of water wouldn't spill.
Mistake #2: I forgot to empty the wastebasket.
Mistake #3: When I unplugged my phone yesterday to take it with me, I forgot about the "little" bit of water in the cup in the wastebasket.

So when I went to plug in my phone last night, I noticed something kind of "blue" dripping from the end of my phone cord...  which had been sitting in the cup with just a little bit of water in it.  What's going on???? Then I saw blue liquid in the cup...  I immediately unplugged the cord, dried it off as much as possible & laid it on a paper towel to "dry out".

Do I dare plug my phone into it????!!!!!

7 comments:

Kellie said...

I think it will be fine as long as it is completely dried. I have done stuff like that before, too... :)

Sandy said...

Think I'd better find someone w/the same phone; I tried it & on the screen it showed "unauthorized charger" plus I could hear a little static. Don't want to "blow" my phone & lose everything in it!

KR said...

I'm with Kellie--as long as it's completely dry before you try to do anything with it, it should be fine. And welcome to my world!!

Janet said...

Brian said to place the cord in a plastic ziploc bag and put rice in it. The rice will absorb ALL the moisture. Do this for 24hrs.

Also...we are in IA. Thank you for praying! I plan to make a trip to ME in the fall to spend time with Allie when others have really gone back to their own lives.....

Unknown said...

Oh no!

this sounds like something I would do...not sure if that makes you feel better or worse! But at least you know you're not alone!

Carpool Queen said...

Just don't plug it into something it wasn't meant to plug into.

I made that mistake.

Once.

Angie said...

Uh OH!!!!