Saturday, July 10, 2010

Over 100

As I "turn another page" in the process of life here on earth, & add another number to my age tomorrow, I thought of how aging affects people and things.  This house is over 100 years old, has been renovated, & is lived in.  It stands stately & beautiful, and it is registered in the National Registry of Historic Homes.
Some of us get "renovated" through modern technology (via "facelifts", surgery to repair things, exercise & healthy eating, etc.)
More importantly, some of us are "registered" in the Lamb's Book of Life, so we have no doubt where we will spend eternity.  I am so thankful to have that assurance!
But only one thing will stand forever: the Word of God.  Jesus said: "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away." (Matthew 24:35)
When I am tempted to not believe every single word of the Bible (preferring to "give a little space" for error), I am reminded that either it is ALL true or none of it is true.  And I  KNOW that Jesus is not a liar...
So once again I have His all encompassing love showered down on me as I celebrate my life here on earth as His child, thankful for all the friends & family He has given me.  To God be the glory!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I'm glad you're not 100, because that would make me, well, old. :)

Happy Birthday! You are a treasure!!!