Saturday, September 4, 2010

Go Where?

It seems we are all "on-the-go" now days & children especially seem to be "rushed" through childhood.  We all look for convenience in everything (including me!)
Where we live isn't exactly convenient to much of anything, but it certainly has some other advantages: when I'm following a recipe, if I'm missing an ingredient I just "modify" the recipe.  We've had some unique tastes as a result, but sometimes it is a good thing.
Another advantage is living next door to our grandchildren & watching them grow up: what a privilege!  They love to play with each other & all have great imaginations.  When they went through their "Little House on the Prairie" phase a few months ago, I could look out & see "Mary, Laura, & Albert" going from place to place (in sunbonnets/long dresses/ etc.)

Of course, with the "layout" they have, one would have to ask, "Where would they want to go?


A playhouse...
A treehouse...


A chicken house (left corner)  & trampoline...

chickens (to live in the chicken house...)


A bunny house (with a black bunny in it...) & basketball court....

And a pool next door with anytime-access...



4 comments:

Joy for the Seasons said...

I agree--why leave?! :)

Angie said...

After all that I want to move in!! ;)

Gretchen said...

It's our own piece of paradise! I'm so glad we get to share it!

Kellie said...

It is definitely a blessing!