Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Headache and Heartbreak

I've had a headache nearly all day (the sinus variety) which is very unusual for me.  I think it might even be a little "bug" of sorts (since I had lots of coughing last night).  But it's just a headache, a temporary inconvenience.
But this family has heartbreak...
Joanne is a vibrant 38 year old mom & wife.  She had a stroke on Jan. 11 & is now struggling for her life, on life support.  Her family is clinging to God, trusting Him, hoping and praying for a good outcome for their precious loved one.  Won't you join me & thousands of others in praying for Joanne?  Click on her picture here to go to her blog, which her husband is updating daily.
   As I looked back at pictures of her precious family, I felt connected to all of them & have been inspired to pray for this sweet sister in Christ as a member of my own family.

A headache is nothing compared to what they are going through!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Hugs, Sandy. Praying every time she comes to mind--which is ALWAYS. So hard. But nothing is impossible w/God. May His perfect love abound as He walks the Heims thru this hideous trial.

Heather said...

been praying for her too and feeling the same way...i've been sick off and on for a month now but keep saying (even last night with a bad fever) that it could be SO MUCH WORSE

Gretchen said...

I've been praying since the day I found out about her. Makes me appreciate even the mundane of the day.
Hope you are feeling better today. LOve you, Mom!

Kellie said...

I have prayed for her as well since I saw it last week. I know God is in control, but these are moments when you trust His plan because you can't see the reasons.