Like this big box in my hubby's closet....
which contained some cute "girlie" luggage that came within 3 days of when it was ordered, with no extra charge for the shipping!
And this "husband" for one of the girls... (you can only see the "arm" sticking out of the bag...)
The fun part was giving her the little bag with a note in it that said we had found her a husband...
I bought the bag to put something "cute" in, and since the color was the same as the "husband" I thought it fit well.
Do you know what a "husband" is?
I had something "hiding" in this nativity set... (notice that "Joseph" is rather translucent...). I have several nativity sets, & the Joseph from this set got broken last year, but I couldn't find all the pieces from the translucent set, so I substituted...
We had lots of people in the house at various times over the holidays and I think only one asked about this. I'm not sure if others were being extra polite or if no one else noticed...
How often do we think something negative is so obvious to those around us, yet no one seems to notice?
I hope that over the coming year I will notice the good in others and say something about it, and not notice the things that would bring them down or create hurt or disappointment for them.
Lord, help me be an encourager and not hide the light of Christ in me!




3 comments:
A wonderful goal for us all this year!
I love the mixy-matchy nativities.
I have a friend that mixes and matches all of her nativities into one VERY eclectic group.
She said it was because it reminded her that Jesus came for EVERYONE that blessed night. Not just for the folks that all looked alike.
Love that theology.
And love yours, too! :)
Great thoughts on that. :)
I used to have a husband before I got a husband. They were great to use when I read. :)
Post a Comment