Friday, March 11, 2011

For a Little Man

About a month ago a friend & I were in a neat kitchen shop in Charleston and she saw a child's apron that was really cute.  It was definitely for a girl, but she said that she wished they had one for a boy.  Her grandson loves to cook with his mom, & when he comes to visit, he loves to cook with Dede.  The aprons were $16!
I said, "I could make him one."

Since we were going to my friend's house for dinner Saturday night,  I got busy on Saturday...

I made it shorter than the pattern because he's a short little guy.  The fabric came from...
Hobby Lobby!  He loves football, so I thought this might be a good choice.  And then to personalize it...

I hope Colton has fun cooking with Dede!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Great fabric! Great idea! It's so sweet to see little boys cooking!

Joy for the Seasons said...

What a talented lady you are! And awfully sweet. :)

Kellie said...

That is AWESOME!! How sweet of you.. which I knew you were sweet anyway. :)

Learning as we Live said...

is that for my colton? He'll love it!!!

Gretchen said...

SO cute!!! What a great gift for Dede!
I know another little man who would like one with baseballs. :)

Amy said...

That is adorable!!