Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Green With Love, Not Envy

When number two granddaughter had a recent birthday, I wanted to do something special for her...  A full size quilt was not something she needed or that I wanted to tackle.
She had her room "redone" several months ago with lime green accents.  For Christmas I found her a "husband" (no, not literally... it's a pillow with arms on it to lean back against on the bed when reading, which she loves to do!)  Her mom & dad gave her an office chair in lime green for her desk & some lamps with base or shades in bright light green.
  Some kids wouldn't really care that much about their room "decor", but when your mama is a decorator it's a different story.
 Laying out the squares was the hardest part for me... I do NOT like to do puzzles, and this was like one giant puzzle.  But I loved some of the fun & funky fabrics on it, especially the one I used for the border.

But my favorite "touch" was to add her name to the middle of the quilt.
Hope she has lots of fun snuggly times with this...

6 comments:

Kellie said...

That is SO sweet!!! I love it and I am sure she did, too. What a treasure!

Learning as we Live said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

i'm w/ M -- LOVE that lime green color! it's so chipper! what a beautiful, beautiful gift of love, sandy. i certainly still have the quilt that my nana made me -- it will always be a treasure to me.
- TZ

Joy for the Seasons said...

Holy cow, that is beautiful! And the greens are just lovely and vibrant.

Rachel said...

I love the quilt! What an awesome gift. My grandmother used to make dresses for my sister and I for every Christmas and Easter when we were growing up. I was too young to understand the work that went into them, but looking back now I can appreciate them so much more. I so wish I had some of them now, but my mom didn't save any of our clothes from when we were little. I'm sure M will treasure your quilt for many years to come!

Amy said...

So pretty!!