The most difficult thing to find was.....
Fabric for the kitchen chairs & bar stools. I looked for a long time & brought home several swatches to try out. Since they are near the windows, I wanted to have the greens a good match. My DH suggested I just go with different curtains... But I really like them, so I persevered. I also realized that I had an extra panel of curtains... so I could take them with me when looking for fabric!
And when I walked into a fabric store last Friday, I saw THE fabric! I knew the minute I saw it that it was exactly what I wanted!
No one has ever accused me of being too neutral! I LOVE color!! This had more than one shade of green, but it also opened possibilities for different seasons of another accent color. The rust red is the same shade as the sofas in our family room (which can't be seen from the eating area), but that color is also in the rug in the sunroom adjacent to the eating area. The main color of that rug is the gold color & it has these greens & a touch of blue the same shade as in this fabric.
We were busy yesterday putting the new fabric on the seats. I also had new foam cut for the chairs that are 3" thicker than the original. So my feet may not touch the floor, but I will no longer feel like a little kid at the table with too-low seats!
I went for indoor-outdoor fabric and sprayed it with a protectant, because I don't want my grans to have to worry about "spillage".
I've wanted to do this project for about two years, so it's very nice to have it done!

6 comments:
I like the new chair cushions. We need new foam and fabric for the kids chairs around our table.~TaraJ
Beautiful! I love the fabric! :)
I love the fabric that you chose!
Beautiful fabric!! Love the green accents, too!
You have inspired me! I desperately need to replace the fabric on my kitchen chairs...that were white the first few seconds they were in my kitchen and have been drink-and-food-covered ever since. Love my kids, but I need some new chair fabric!
I LOVE the fabric!!! I'm like you and love color! They look great!
Post a Comment