This time of year is one of my favorites: warm enough to plant, time in the mountains, time at the beach, time with family... So we started in the mountains May 19, having friends visit there for 3 days. We hiked the Hebron Colony Rocks...
(Photo obviously taken in the fall, but I didn't take my camera this time.)
Then after a day "alone" we had company come in for the next 3 days and we hiked the Mountains to Sea Trail near The Cascades. Then after 2 days our wandering family came in for the weekend and we hiked to The Linville Falls. After they left, I stayed to clean up and came home May 31.
I had planted these in April to get them started....
Then transplanted them in May so they can spread out. After 3 days of moving plants around, weeding, thinning, dividing & digging up some to bring home, I was ready to leave. Of course, the main factor was that it was in the 80's in the daytime... and we do not have air conditioning!
So after a day at home (planting the things I'd brought back plus about 15 plants I'd purchased at a great sale in the mountains), I packed up and headed to the beach. Since we have friends who very graciously allow us some of their "time" in exchange for some time at our mountain house (though I think we've been more consistent about going to the beach), we go when it is available.
With the "little man" making the playoffs for baseball, I took the girls and headed on down.
We celebrated a 12th birthday (HOW could she be TWELVE??!!!) Yes, those are "Toms"!
This was our daily hangout place...
We had lots of "splash time"....
Kite flying....
Watched the Carolina Beach Fire Department at work (on this condo... then over the next few days all the windows and doors were open, to let the smoke smell out I would imagine.) (See previous post.)
We observed a "sunset wedding" (only a photographer, one other woman taking pictures, & these 3 were present);
Had a surprise (to the kids) visit from their favorite aunt and uncle (the first time to see him since his wedding last August... he returned from deployment in April);
Had Britt's donuts... THREE times!!
And finally got "the little man" and his Mama to the beach after his team came in 2nd of 25 teams for spring baseball.
It's been a busy but very fun month!











5 comments:
What a great time!!
Y'all have had a busy but definitely FUN time. :) Glad we could see you in the mountain part of it all. ha!! So happy that the favorite uncle and aunt were able to join everyone!
So glad to see that you all are getting some great family time together! We miss spending time with our family back in Raleigh!! All our love to you!
I love that last shot! Thanks for making our beach trips so memorable.
It looks like it wasn't crowded at all! That's the best time to be at the beach!
Post a Comment