Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Little Break

Summer is in full swing in NC and that means hot humid weather.  But we had a break this AM with the temps in the low 70's and the humidity down.  Since the forecasted rain didn't appear, I took advantage of the breeze & comfortable weather...
I took my Bible, coffee, and book and headed outside...
Yesterday I worked on cleaning all the yard furniture, the big container that holds all our pool "toys", and... the hammock.  We seldom use the hammock because it's usually too hot to enjoy it.
But today, this was my view from the hammock....
and this.....
I read, prayed, read some more, and decided to NOT feel guilty about something I rarely do... relaxing and reading for pleasure.  I'm reading Two Wars by Nate Self ("an up-close-and-personal account of the war on terror; and the story of one soldier's faith") and would highly recommend it.

And by noon the humidity had returned, the temps went up, and the kids came over.... So back to the pool!  (I did get some yard work done in between...)

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Wonderfully inspiring. Especially the part about relaxing and reading minus the guilt.

Kellie said...

What a wonderful time to relax. I am learning to do that more and have less guilt, while still getting things done. I, too, took advantage of this beautiful week and did lots of reading and Bible study on the deck. It was wonderful!

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy,
Just had a chance to check out your blog, how fun - love it! -and your sweet grandkids are getting so...... big, oh my goodness, it seems like yesterday they were little girls and he was just a baby! Thanks for the book recommendation - I was looking for a good one for the beach this summer! Chris