Monday, October 22, 2012

Nine Years of Blessing

There is a lot of truth to the old sayings, "The only thing better than being a parent is being a grandparent" and "If I'd known grandkids would be this much fun, I'd have had them first".  I've loved being a parent and our children have brought years of joy to us, so I don't want to minimize that in any way!  But today marks nine years of blessing from our youngest grandchild and only grandson...

He has always been a snuggler (when HE is ready for it), tenderhearted, and all boy.

                                                 And quite a charmer...

An adventurer in some ways... and a little fish!  He loves swimming and will go in no matter how cold it may be.

Did I mention "all boy?"  This is not a staged professional photo... just a snap of him climbing a tree.

                                         He's gone through the typical stages...

Knows what he likes & what he doesn't like, and keeps us in stitches with his antics and comments...

                                            Did I mention can be quite a charmer?

                                            Did I mention a snuggler?


He loves the beach!!!


     He actually loved being the ring bearer for his uncle's wedding two years ago...

            And fell in love with his new aunt (check out the expression on HIS face!)

He is growing up way to fast, but what a blessing he has been for the last nine years!!!!
                                       Happy Birthday, dear grandson!!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sending the Happiest 9th Birthday to sweet M!!! H misses his buddy and still talks of him often and wishes that they could still play together. Sending you our love!

Kellie said...

Awwww!! Happy Birthday to him! What a cutie. :) Hope he has a fabulous day!

Gretchen said...

Love you. Thank you for all these comments about me. I love it! Love, your favorite grandson

Sandy said...

Kimberly & Kellie, I have a feeling he got your greetings... Thanks!