From this......
To this.....
To this....
And then one day later to this...
And this....
And this....
The wind was so strong that there was actually a 4" accumulation in the above picture...
I even had a little drift at the back door....
God creates the most beautiful palettes!
This month has been a reminder to me that some seasons are longer than others, some can change in an instant, some are more pleasant than others, some are given to grow us, some are to test us, and there is always change. How I embrace the change determines how much I grow from it, how it will affect my attitude, whether or not I accept it as from the hand of God, and what I will do with it. I am not always rarely good at looking for what God is going to teach me through it. It is so much easier (but detrimental) to have a pity party, asking "Why?" instead of trusting that God will bring good from it. Yet I know from Jeremiah 29:11 that He has plans for me for good!
My prayer is that God will turn my heart to Him and use every experience and relationship for my growth and His glory.







3 comments:
loved it all, sandy -- the changing-seasons pictures, & the changing-seasons sentiments at the end. billy graham's grandson recently wrote a piece re: the "why" question, & it's absolutely phenomenal:
http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tullian/2012/09/12/freed-from-the-prison-of-why/
So sad that we missed the fall season there this year. I guess that's one of those "seasons of life" that I have to be willing to be patient about. Looking forward to next fall, cause I plan on enjoying the view! ;)
Beautiful.... and I love your analogy about the seasons God brings into our lives!
Post a Comment