Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Lifetime Of Love

In 1967:
     The Boxer Muhammad Ali was stripped of his boxing world championship for refusing to be inducted into the US Army
   Color television sets became popular as the price came down and more programs were made in color.
    Average Cost of a new house=  $14,250.00 
   Average Income per year  =
$7,300.00 
  Average Monthly Rent = 
$125.00 
   Gas per Gallon  =
33 cents 
   Average Cost of a new car  =
$2,750.00
   Movie Ticket =
$1.25 

The first Super Bowl played between Green Bay Packers ( win 35-10 ) and the Kansas City Chiefs.
    Worlds First Heart Transplant operation in South Africa by Dr. Christiaan N Barnard.
AND
Lenox Opal Innocence Cake Topper Love is Patienton Nov.4, 1967 I married my high school sweetie!!!
  God has given us 43 wonderful years together!


Though neither of us knew Jesus at the time, God brought us into a relationship with Him 8 years after our wedding.  We had always gone to church, & thought we were Christians... But as the saying goes, "Sitting in a garage does not make you a car," (or something like that...)  What a difference Jesus has made in our lives!  We had a good relationship before with each other & had "success" as the world sees it.  But we were trying to do everything on our own.  Now we depend on God for everything since He knows everything we need & what is best for us.  We also know without a doubt that we will spend eternity with Him!
  I am so grateful for all the years God has given us together and look forward to our future... here on earth and eventually in heaven!
The love of my life.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great love story. I hope you and Steve have many more years together. Love and friendship TaraJ

Janet said...

That's beautiful! Happy Anniversary to a very special couple!!

What a huge blessing that God took you both down the same path straight to Him!

Joy for the Seasons said...

I look forward to saying many of the same things in another 30 years! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Tracey said...

Happy 43rd Anniversary!

Your awesome example of a Christian marriage continues to be a blessing to me. Have a great day!

Sherri said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for your awesome example to countless couples!

Gretchen said...

I love the details of this story. Even though I already knew the big parts, hearing from you again is so precious!

Kellie said...

I just love this. :) Happy Anniversary to two sweet and wonderful people. Thank you for the blessing you are to so many!