Friday, December 24, 2010

Blessed Beyond Belief

"5 Guys"(restaurant) for dinner,  4 different neighborhoods for blinking lights (okay, maybe more than 4...), 3 precious kids enjoying it all with us, 2 stops (one for spontaneous caroling at a friend's house), and 1 donut each at Krispy Kreme (but the "hot" light was NOT on & they were nearly out of donuts!  Don't they realize that many families make that their "after-viewing-the-lights tradition????!!!)
  Having an "overnight" means that we get to tuck in these precious children who are growing up way too fast!  And since the little guy was already tired & ready to get right to bed, I finally got to see most of Santa Claus 3 (he's been afraid of "Jack Frost" since the first time he saw it when he was about 4...), with the girls.
  I love these Christmas traditions, & I love that we are able to live close enough to have the sweet relationship with our grandchildren that we do.
  Tomorrow is our annual Christmas Tea, which as I was reminded by my grandson this evening, is "only for girls".  So we 4 girls will sit around the table using the "good Christmas china" & sip something (sometimes it's just water, because the young gals don't like tea), act like we're someplace fancy, & nibble something (I forgot all about the tea until reminded this evening by one of the girls who loves tradition & is not about to let this one die to get the little donuts this year...)  What started with 2 little bitty girls in fancy dresses has become part of our Christmas, & I'm thankful that it is still important to them.
  I am blessed beyond belief and so thankful to God for all His blessings!

4 comments:

Joy for the Seasons said...

Sweet family times!

Kellie said...

Now those are wonderful memories!!!

Janet said...

Merry Christmas to your family!

Learning as we Live said...

I know they love being so close to you too! What a fun tradition!