Monday, December 27, 2010

Out and About

Since the roads were pretty clear by noon, I had a "day out" with my "little girl".  We limited our stops to 3 of my favorite places: Homewood Nursery where EVERYTHING was half price: Pier 1 where I rarely buy anything, but love to look (and found some "deals" today): and World Market where I often find good deals (but bought nothing today!)
Homewood is a local business that grows their own poinsettias and has new varieties every year.  I try to give them my business whenever I can, and this year they had beautiful Christmas ornaments and decorations.  They also set up several "photo ops" throughout during the Christmas season and we usually take the children there to get pictures.  This year we didn't make it, but when I was there (alone) before Christmas, I saw this setting which was done in the colors G. has in her kitchen...
So I got a picture of my "little girl" this year!

We had stopped a few places on our way out for her to take some pictures, and coming home she asked if we could stop down the road from our house to take photos of the horses.  I pulled in to let her out and she got her long distance lens ready...
When I realized that all the horses at the other end of the pasture were looking at her with a readiness in their eyes that said, "She's coming to bring our dinner...," I grabbed my camera, put the emergency brake on, and jumped out of the car to join in the "photo session"!
(The horses were near that barn in the distance when we pulled up!)

I'll share those photos another day, but what I loved was watching my "little girl" enjoying three of the things she loves most:
Snow (and cold), horses, and photography!

She had it all in one place!  What a neat surprise!

4 comments:

Joy for the Seasons said...

What a sweet day!

Gretchen said...

Thank you for such a fun day, Mom! It was such a sweet way to end the day: horses, snow and photography MY FAVORITES!

Thanks for being spontaneous enough to stop for me to capture some pictures! Love you!

Kellie said...

What a great day! :)

Carpool Queen said...

If you were at Homewood, you should have stopped in! I always have hot chocolate to warm up a stranger or two :)