Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Late Christmas Surprise

This was what we saw out our bedroom window when we awoke this AM...




These are NOT black and white photos... It's the way it really looked, with snow coming down.  We had just a slight covering of the ground when we went to bed last night...
Since it's been a "wet" snow, we lost power twice (once during the afternoon for a couple of hours, & then tonight at 8:30 for just a few minutes).  The second time it happened, I got all the candles together with the lighter, so we are ready if it happens again.  Since we lost internet connection about 11AM and got it back about 9 PM, it was a very relaxing day!
We went next door this afternoon to play games with our "children" (the big ones, that is) where they have a generator...  And this evening we played cards, just the two of us.

We measured 5 1/2"....

After spending the morning inside, we had to take pics of each other to prove we were out in it.... (remember, I'm the one that loves to be outside... in the warm/hot weather!)

as we were walking next door....

When we came back I stayed outside for quite awhile, "freeing" my bushes from the heavy weight of snow...
I felt like I was in Narnia freeing the trees from their ice prison!
And it was so good to be back in my garden again.... But I didn't wear the new gardening gloves I got for Christmas from my sweet granddaughter.  I wore warm gloves and my new earmuffs!  As I swatted at the branches with a broom, I found myself laughing aloud as the snow fell on me as if I was in a snowstorm.  It was really refreshing!
(Check out the grey skies in the background, swollen with snow!)

I'm glad I don't live where this is the scenery from Nov. till late April, but it was nice to get a taste of snow.  Especially since by this time next week it is supposed to be 63 degrees!  Hello!  That's my kind of weather!


4 comments:

Joy for the Seasons said...

Yes, it has been so darn pretty hasn't it? I am with you. I can see this once or twice a year and I'm good. Give me 75 the rest of the time! ;o)

Kellie said...

It was fun to watch the snow fall and enjoy the beauty. I am with you, though... I couldn't live where this is the norm!! :)

Amy said...

Great pictures! Randy was out this morning knocking snow off the trees and bushes, too, and dumping snow into the pool to top off the water level.

Tracey said...

Gorgeous pictures! It's so much fun to track the storm before it gets here..I love trying to guess how much will fall and how long it will stay around!