In the kitchen it is hyacinth...
And though I love the white in my kitchen, I'm hoping that those planted in the yard will be a variety of colors as shown on the package...
In the sunroom the Paper Whites have gone crazy! Remember how small they were just a few days ago (see post on 2/11)? Yes, in 3 days time they have gone to this! I told you that you could probably stand there & watch them grow!
(I thought maybe you could get more of an idea of their wildness size with a darker background...) Realizing that they could set off the motion detector on our alarm if we were gone, I knew I had to do something with them.
So I got out the little plant stakes & wire I had just found 2 days ago cleaning out a junk drawer.
Now they are standing tall and no longer a threat to a false alarm such as we had about a week ago when a picture fell on the floor (and broke the glass in the frame) early one morning when we were sleeping a little late because it was pouring rain and since we hadn't gotten properly registered when we eliminated our land line the deputy sheriff showed up in his long rain coat and waterproof hat, and I had to bring hubby's ID out to prove that he lives here...
So the sunroom is filled with a different fragrance! And with a few warmer days this week, spring really is on the horizon...







1 comment:
LOVE them!! Too funny about the sheriff!!!
Post a Comment