I never dreamed I would ever do this... I wasn't sure I'd like it at all before I tried it... I thought of all the "what ifs"... but I am glad I let some of the daring in me seep out so I could join my hubby ...
I found out I really enjoyed it (in *small doses... more on that later), and that it was fun, and that it was a great way to spend some time with my hubby (we have ear phones & microphones in our helmets...)
and that I could even be "stylin' in color" while taking my life in my hands (though I pray a lot, before & during a ride, I don't worry... my life is in His hands anyway.)
Even another family member got in on the pleasure of the ride (good thing we're the same size!)
*I found out that riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway 265 miles in weather a little too cool for comfort was not fun for me! I am a fair-weather rider: not below 65, not above 85... I know, it's a small range. And I prefer the sun to be shining or at least just hiding behind a cloud or two.
So today as "Blue" rode off on someone else's trailer, I had to say, "thanks for the memories..." And I said to the new owner, "I hope you enjoy it as much as we have."
But don't be sad for us....
Bigger is not always better, and "Blue" was just a little too big.
"Grayson" is a tad smaller and will still carry both of us... and is waiting to be outfitted with a topcase so I'll be able to ride with him again. (In motorcycle talk, that's the case that sits on the back that the rider can lean against...)




3 comments:
Look at you....so cool! You are one brave soul because I'm not sure I could do that at all!!!
Proud of you for facing that fear and riding! Not sure if I could do that! :) Enjoy your new "Grayson." :)
Your title, at first glance, made me think your riding days were over. Glad you're still enjoying the open road!
Post a Comment