Thursday, February 10, 2011

Utmost Comfort

It seems like so many people are going through "rough times" right now, whether small annoyance-type or major intense ones and everything in between.  A friend shared the quote below that I found such an encouragement and hope it will be for you, too.

"There's nothing which shows our ignorance so much as our impatience under trouble. We forget that every cross is a message from God and intended to do us good in the end. Trials are intended to make us think, to wean us from the world, to send us to the Bible, to drive us to our knees. Health is a good thing, but sickness is far better if it leads us to God. Prosperity is a great mercy, but adversity is a greater one if it brings us to Christ."
- JC Ryle

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Awesome quote! I may have to use that on my blog, too!! Something great to "chew" on today.

Tracey said...

Sure wish I could have read this yesterday afternoon, way too much to do, and patience isn't what showed up :( ..thanks for sharing, I'm writing it in my journal TODAY!