Yes, today I (make that, "we") finally sent out the Christmas cards... Well, at least most of them....
I send to those I receive them from because I figure they enjoy getting them & I want to keep on receiving cards from them (not very noble, is it?)
It was a joint effort this year since I couldn't write. Our dear daughter addressed them (from all my little scraps of return address labels off the cards we received...), & she put all the addresses in my address book (no, I am NOT an organized person!) She finished her job in plenty of time to get them out before Christmas.But then I had issues trying to get the picture off my computer to the photo shop for printing (yes, I've done it before & I know how to do it...)
Hubby signed all of them, applied stamps & return labels, & licked all the envelopes (after trimming all the pictures with my paper trimmer because the cards I bought were slightly smaller than the pictures...)
When he finished this AM before heading to the post office (lines aren't bad now...), he said, "Boy, there's a lot more to sending out cards than I realized!" To which I replied, "And I usually write a letter to go in there, too."
Then I added, "THANK YOU, HONEY!"
I have a few cards that arrived in the last couple of days, so hopefully I'll get theirs out before Valentine's Day...
4 comments:
I've had one for yall in my purse for a month...everytime I see you I completely forget to give it to you!!
I wrote my letter today. I'm hoping they'll go out sometime before Easter.
I do the same thing! I will send cards to those I did not originally have on my list but that sent one to us.
OT - re: your comment on Carpool Queen's blog...if you do not live TOO far away from me, I would definitely be interested in the Bible study. Email me! alwaysrkp@earthlink.net
Post a Comment