
Don't ever STOP lovin' me....!!!!
Notice the gentle way my man has his hand on my back? This is the gentle way my man has always treated me.
When our daughter was in high school she said all the boys were afraid of her dad (who often has a stern look on his face). He said, "Good!" He didn't want any boy to think he could do anything to hurt his precious daughter, & every boy interested in dating her had to first come meet us & know that we expected him to respect her.
He could be stern with our kids & now our grandkids (they say, "Papa is 'strick'"), but he could & can also be so gentle. One of my favorite photographs is the first time he held our first child in the hospital. All the tenderness that I knew was there is oozing out of his face in the picture.
He has such gentleness when consoling a grandchild....
He has always been a "manly man" but he also has always been a "gentleman": this guy who is My Man.
7 comments:
You can't stop here because I'm hooked on learning more. So....after learning all about Revelation, in Life Class, we get a 'marriage seminar' in class -right? I'm picturing both of you up front and we throw about 200 questions at you both each week. :) It's a plan! :)
I second that motion!!! :)
- TZ
I'm glad he was so tough... kept all the bad guys away. Yes, he's a gem!
The funny thing is, I married a man like that: tough exterior, but soft heart, gentle, tender, and patient with me and my babies.
I enjoyed catching up on your blog this afternoon. I love all the post of you and "your man". What a testimony! And I love your post for G's birthday. Hope the hand is healing.
This was very sweet. I have a tough guy too, but he's the first to cry at all the movies!! :)
And glad to see that the boys being scared of the dad works, we got 3 girls ya know!
He is precious and sounds just like my Dad... in fact, you both sound like my parents. What a gift you are to your family. You both are a treasure!!!
I am woefully behind on blog reading...and i am catching up...and not commenting too much. But I had to comment on these posts on your man...
What an inspiration these posts are....I love My Mister so very much. We have been through so much in 14 years. I cannot imagine loving him more....and yet...your write of deep and abiding love of 42 years and it makes me want to love my Mister MORE! How I pray that I have that many years too.
Keep writing...I love to read (and learn!)
Post a Comment