Wouldn't you feel "loved" on by someone who has prepared a wonderful dish like this? It is a Crustless Quiche, with ham, grits, & tomatoes. And it was served at the annual Pastors' Wives Christmas brunch that is hosted each year by our senior pastor's wife in her home. In a church of nearly 3000 people, many people see our senior pastor (& he hates that term...) as someone who faithfully teaches God's Word every week (which is true), but as someone who they have "on a pedastal" (which he would NOT like to be thought of). Those who don't know him well have no idea how approachable, easy-going, thoughtful, & caring he really is. And what a servant he is...
"The greatest among you will be your servant." Matthew 11:23I am thankful for this godly man who has so faithfully & lovingly served us for many years~ and for his dear wife who has such a servant heart, too.
4 comments:
Pastor David married us almost 13 years ago and I wholeheartedly agree with everything you say!
Love Pastor David. There aren't enough words to describe how great he is. Humble, wise, kind, hilarious...I could go on and on! Of course, all of these apply to his sweet wife as well. My family is so blessed to be a part of this church family!!
Amen! Amen! Amen!
I have been out of the loop and enjoyed catching up on your blog, my friend. I will amen with my sisters the comments about our senior pastor and his precious wife. They live out with joy the abundance of Christ and His reality is so evident through their lives--they would make others want to know this God that they serve with gratitude.
I loved the posts about your hubby--I got all choked up and the pictures are soooooooo precious--someone--bet your BFF captured these wonderful shots. You all sure are iron sharpening us. Also the ones on your daughter who I soo love as well were so sweet and absolutely true... and then of course there is my favorite man in uniform! Jeepers, all of you are so special to me. Hope that wrist is healing and that you are minding the doctor. Love you,Dixie
Post a Comment