Each year it is fun to see just how soon the swimming season will begin. Of course, the children are always ready to take the first plunge long before I'm ready to brave it. This year it was REALLY early: APRIL 22! And they always say, "It's not that cold!"
Today it was 85 degrees at 9:45 AM, so I knew this was MY day to go in!
I waited until about 3:30 PM so I was sure the water would have had time to warm up.
Not so....! It was... let's just say VERY "refreshing". But as the kids say, once you were used to it, it didn't feel so cold. Do you notice how often I'm referring to what "the kids say?" But who could turn down these precious faces begging me to come in?
Ah, the summer season has begun (and I love it!)

6 comments:
WOW, you are brave! I know it was cold!
LOVE this picture!!!
You're braver than me! I haven't been in yet, but the children got in on Mother's Day.
Yep, you are brave. I am not sure if I could have stood it. ha! Glad they are having fun.. and you, too!
how fun! We took Colton this morning and he just jumped on in! He was not my usual "safe" son! I love this picture of the kids!
Crazy PEOPLE!!!
Brrr....
Post a Comment