I tried a recipe from "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" blog a couple of months ago & made her salsa. When he tried it, my hubby said, "You don't EVER need to BUY salsa again!" It makes a lot but keeps a long time, so after being out of it for quite a while, I made a new batch Saturday. Literally you can make it up in 5 minutes & it is so delicious!
Knowing that I would be sharing this batch with my dear daughter & her family, I thought I'd follow the recipe exactly (something I rarely do), and add cilantro. I love almost everything that is edible, but I just don't like cilantro in anything. I can eat it, but don't choose to have it in anything.
I picked up a nice bunch of it in the produce section, placed it in the basket of my cart, & hurried on through the grocery to pick up just enough for a healthy fun supper outside. About half way through the grocery I wondered what the awful smell was... by two more aisles I realized that it was in my basket... & by two more aisles I could hardly stand to push my cart. How in the world could I incorporate into my wonderful salsa something that smelled that bad?! By the last aisle I made a left turn & headed all the way back to the produce section... to put the cilantro back into the pretty display from which it had come.
I love my daughter & appreciate that there is ONE thing that she likes and I don't, but I could NOT ruin my salsa with that ghastly smelling "stuff"! The salsa was still a big hit, not only with her but with both of her daughters. So for our healthy fun supper we had cheese nachos, salsa, limeade, and ice cream sundaes for dessert. As we ate the ice cream, granddaughter #2 said, "Grandmas spoil you." YES, YES, YES!!!!

5 comments:
I'm a cilantro girl myself so I would have loved it, but I am sure it was AWESOME without it! I need to make some this summer.... along with a lot of other things. :) Glad y'all had a great weekend of healthy, er... FUN food! :)
Dinner sounds so good! Will you post the salsa link/recipe? I think I had some of it at Mom's and loved it.
I try and try to like cilantro in things, but prefer most things without...
Well, you know I love cilantro and when I was in Morocco and went through their markets piled high with cilantro, I thought it was so clean and fresh smelling. The Lord has made us all different, right down to the smeller and taster! How about sharing the recipe???? Love you, my friend, Dixie
It was delish ... even without the cilantro. Celebrating our differences sure is yummy!
You know you're a grownup when your mom lets you have chips for dinner!
Yum! With all the summer veggies coming I definitely need to try this myself!
Post a Comment