Monday, May 17, 2010

Salsa

I give all the credit for this recipe to The Pioneer Woman (she has a great website!)  I have made a few changes to make it my own, so here is my version:

Salsa
1 can (28 oz.) whole or diced tomatoes              2 cans Rotel (I use mild)
1/4 tsp. salt               1/4 tsp. sugar            1/4 c. chopped green onion, including top*
juice of one lime          1 clove garlic, chopped            
 "handful" of sliced jalapeno peppers (in a jar) **

Pulse all ingredients in a food processor 7-8 times.  Then pulse until you get the consistency you want.  Store in a closed container in the refrigerator.  It keeps quite a long time.

*or 1/4 c. chopped onion
** I'd guess this is about 2 Tbl.  (I'm not good about measuring & I poured them out of the jar into my hand before throwing them into the processor)

1 comment:

Carpool Queen said...

I'm glad you posted this so I didn't have to wade through her blog :)