What can be more fun that getting together with a group of "gal" friends for a great meal of baked potatoes with ALL the fixin's, a great salad, & yummy desserts?
A "Swap" for entertainment!
Everyone brought things for the home, clothing, shoes, etc. that they no longer found useful or that were gently used yet still looking for a new home.
Yes, there are a few groceries on that table & a bag of coupons....
Oh, and then there are the essentials for a ladies' wardrobe... the "cha-cha's" that add pizzaz!
There was one REALLY cute pair of shoes that I tried every which way to make fit me, but they just wouldn't do it....
So I chose a necklace, pair of earrings, 2 little white shelves, a little white milk can (decorative type... not a REAL milk can or can of milk, but the one in the middle of the table in the first picture), some moisture lotion and little tiny tubes of lipstick in a case(we had one very generous Mary Kay lady), and another little white holder to hang on the wall. On the way home I told my daughter what I had chosen, and she said, "I brought all of those except the Mary Kay items..." Well, I could have just gone next door to "shop"!!
Just shows what great taste she has!


9 comments:
I love that y'all do swaps, what a great idea! And thank you for your sweet, encouraging comments on a couple of my blog posts. I have already had comments from other believers I know that are just too middle-of-the-road on the subject. It is necessary, but difficult, to stand strong among them. So your strong words of solidarity really lightened my heart!
I love this. It reminds me of me and my oldest daughter, we can go shopping with a bunch of people and somehow her and I are the only ones that fall in love with the same thing.
That is so cute that you picked out what "G" brought!! Glad y'all had a great time!
Such a great idea!!!
That is so funny that you ended up with G's stuff!!
That cracked me up! (And thanks for taking all the loot for us at the end so we didn't have to take it back home)
LOL!
I like the swap idea, I may need to organize one.~Tara
Fun idea!
That's so funny that you ended up with your daughter's stuff. I guess even "stuff" runs in the family. How fun. I may hve to try this idea some time. We gals will do anything for a little girl time, huh?
Post a Comment