Monday, August 30, 2010

Dinner Disguised

Since my hubby was gone for a couple of days, I wanted to make a special meal when he came home.  We are still sticking to our "healthy-eating-weight-loss" plan, so I needed to get creative (he recently told me he'd had chicken two nights in a row & he was ready for a change.)
  So I picked up 2 small Yukon gold potatoes at the grocery, added a small onion, & chopped those with fresh rosemary, oregano, & basil from the garden.  I put them in a ziploc bag with a little olive oil & sea salt & tossed it all together.  Then put it on the grill (on a foil lined pan) until they were starting to get tender, added a few mushrooms (tossed in the same bag), & continued grilling.

About 5 minutes before the veggies were done, I put a lobster tail & a tuna medallion (cut in small pieces) on another foil-lined pan, squeezed a fresh lime over everything & finished the grilling.

Then.... VOILA!
Dinner!!  Amazing what "presentation" can do to a simple dinner!  Total cost, probably about $7 or less (tail = $2.99, tuna = $1.54) for a yummy, healthy, pretty meal.
Hubby's favorite part: no clean up!

On a totally different note: this is what we used for an alcohol-free "champagne" toast at the wedding (From World Market).
Bon appetite!

3 comments:

Joy for the Seasons said...

I think I just drooled! ;)

Tracey said...

YUM! The Taco Salad on my menu for tonight seems so lame... :D

Carpool Queen said...

C. just called to tell me he wants chef salad for supper. Bleah. I'd rather eat at your house :)