No pictures today... just a little whining.
I've stuck with a healthy eating plan to take off some weight & have lost 13 pounds in the last 6-7 weeks. On a 5 foot 2 inch frame, that's quite a bit. Of course, having a goal (like a wedding where as "mother-of-the-groom" I want to look really nice...) has helped & having someone (like my dear sweet hubby) doing it with me has also helped.
After months of doing no exercise at all (mostly because of my hands being "incapacitated" from 2 surgeries), I started back into trying to get into shape. I've been swimming a lot & doing water exercise consistently along with some upper body exercise out of the water.
So WHY can I not get rid of the flabbiness in my upper arms????!!!!!
I guess I have to admit that age & gravity are not in my favor....
I just want to have "shapely arms" to wear the lovely sleeveless dress I have for the wedding, but whatever I wear & however I look certainly have so little importance in the grand scheme of things. Most importantly, I want God to be glorified by this wedding!
Just had to "whine" a little...
6 comments:
I see lots of triceps presses in your future. ;o) So in awe of your fortitude in sticking to a plan and being so successful at it! Trying to do the same over here...
I'm with Joy - Grab a dumbbell with both hands, take it over the top of your head, and raise and lower behind your head. Great tricep workout.
Push-ups are fantastic, too. I do the modified kind from my knees.
WOW, thanks for the suggestions! I obviously can't do push ups of any kind because of my hands, but I sure can do the dumbbell one & hadn't though of it! Thanks for the encouragement.
You can also stand in a 1/2 lunge pose (one leg in front lunging just a bit), and hold one arm--with dumbbell-- even with your (back) stretched leg. Bring the weight up (as in bicep curl), and stretch it back towards your stretched leg (as in tricep press).
Prolly doesn't make sense. But, I'll trade you my arms for a waist.
Never had one of those. ;)
Makes total sense, Gretchen. I've been doing some of those!
I can't begin to offer advice on this because you just simply look FABULOUS!! And I don't give such advice to people that I am jealous of!!! :)
Post a Comment