Monday, April 4, 2011

Jewels for a Lady

Jewels are more important to some ladies than to others, with there being several variants: such as quantity, quality, style, brands, sentimentality (the pieces my husband has given me mean much more to me than any I would buy on my own), size, etc.
But they can add a certain amount of pizzazz to most any outfit...
For example if you are wearing your apron but have the right jewels on...


Now I have to say that I always assumed that the Geico gecko was a male (from the voice in the commercials), but perhaps this is his wife...
I wondered why this people life size gecko was standing outside the entrance to the USO for the last few weeks, first with just her apron on and then really dressed up.  It turns out that the Geico company gave a large contribution to our new USO facility at RDU.  And then she "dressed up" for the occasion when we had our grand opening week before last.  Apparently they aren't real diamonds... or else there are lots of very honest people going by her since she wore her jewels night and day for more than a week.

Thanks, Geico, and thanks, RDU for providing for our troops!!!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I always thought the gecko was a boy, too. That is funny. Thankful they supported the troops in such a great way!