Why does spring always make us feel like it's time to do projects? I guess one reason is that some projects can only be done when it is warm enough to get out & do them.
For the last 9 years that we've lived in our house, I've thought that the stairs from the garage into our kitchen should be painted. Why? Because they were "raw wood" and they are the first thing I see when I get out of my car to go into my house.
They are sturdy & functional.... just not "pretty".
So I primed them... with two coats (do you see all those little 4-sided spindles??!!!!)
Then I painted them (do you see all those little 4-sided spindles??!!!) I chose a shade of light blue that I really liked but didn't have a place for anywhere in my house. A soothing entrance into my home should be nice, don't you think?
So after 9 years I see pretty steps into my house. I thought I could knock this little task out in one day... while my hubby was on a little motorcycle trip. Three days of intensive work later... they were done. My other projects for that time period... didn't happen.
But I have a new project in mind. I've actually had it in mind for a long time, but now it has become a "necessity..."
I've mentioned to hubby several times how nice it would be to paint our garage floor....
Our friend did his & it looks so nice....
But we just never "got around to it."
Honestly, I didn't do this on purpose! I had been so careful throughout my painting project, keeping everything covered, using lots of dropcloths (AKA plastic tablecloths from the $$ store). Then the very last time I moved the ladder, I was so tired that I didn't want to put the paint bucket on the floor. So I thought I'd move it with the bucket on it... It was like one of those slow motion times. I saw the paint can tip, then start to fall, then spill out a goodly amount of paint, & then I caught it. It really wasn't that much that spilled.
But when I tried to wipe it up with a paper towel... it spread, & spread, & spread. So I finally gave up & just spread it out to see what a painted floor would really look like. I also put down rugs to catch some of the dirt from our shoes before we enter the kitchen (& even have one right where I step out of my vehicle...) Sure saves on vacuuming so much!
I'll have to post again when the garage floor is "done."




2 comments:
The paint job looks awesome! Can't wait to see the whole floor when you get it done. LOL about spilling the paint.
You go, Sandy!! The steps look great and I am sure the garage floor will, too. I am proud of you for tackling all of that!!
Post a Comment