Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fashion Alert!

So you think you are up on fashion.... Do you have these? I thought not!
Do you even know what they ARE?
They are not gloves for the toes, as they might appear...
No sirree, these are SHOES! And supposed to be the best for running! You have to admit that if you stubbed your toes in these, the cushioning might take the brunt of it...
The question is: could you get your toes into all the right "slots"? Think about how difficult it is to get a little one's fingers into the right slots on gloves. I think it might be the same degree of difficulty to get one's toes where they are supposed to be in these most fashionable shoes.
I guess you can surmise from the hairy legs that these are NOT on MY feet. Those would be the feet of my grown son: the one who is always "up" on the latest fashion paraphernalia relating to fitness/running/ etc.
So if you're wondering what to get the "man-who-has-everything" for Christmas, now you have an idea. Of course, since he already has these, I do not have an idea for my son for Christmas...
I'm just glad that this fashion rage has not hit here yet!

5 comments:

Tracey said...

A friend of mine has been wearing these shoes for over a year. She's the only one I've seen, until today! About a year ago, she lost a lot of the feeling in her toes up to her knees. The reason she has to wear the funky shoes is because they help her to 'feel' her feet. I know she'll be pleased to hear that others have joined her in the newest shoe rage! :D

Carpool Queen said...

Those are so ugly, but I hear they're fabulous for running. I'd try them out, but they're too hideous to show in public.

Kellie said...

Well... that is definitely interesting looking. lol Gave me something to think on! ha!!

Gretchen said...

My toes hurt looking at them. I guess I'll have to give up running, since I won't look fashionable. ;)

Robin aka Chosen said...

If you get hits from facebook - it will be because I posted this to my friend's page who runs marathons...this is too funny!