Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank You, Veterans!















I will just tell you up front, that I'm a true patriot! I love our country, I love our flag, I love the Star Spangled Banner, I love parades where representatives from the different branches of our military are marching along carrying the flag, I love to witness returning soldiers, sailors, & Marines & see their families lovin' on them. And I love the opportunity to tell those who serve to protect our country & our freedoms that they are GREATLY appreciated! That's what Veteran's Day is all about; to salute all those who serve & have served this glorious country known as The United States of America.
The sacrifice of those who gave their lives in service is to be remembered & commemorated. AND the sacrifice of those who served & serve is to be acknowledged & celebrated!
Thank you to all who have been & are in the military, serving all of us. And thank you, my dear son! You make me proud, & proud to be an American!

1 comment:

Suz said...

Thank you for all you do to serve the men and women who come through the USO.

I love military parades as well. It reminds me of my college days at North GA. We would watch the military students have drill every Monday and every day at 5:00 we would stop whatever we were doing and salute the flag. We even got out of our cars if we were driving. The campus came to a complete hault at 5:00. I would here taps play every night before bed and be woken up every morning with the guys marching by our dorm.

I get tears in my eyes at sporting events when we sing the Start Spangled Banner and whenever I hear God Bless America. I think of many of my friends who are military wives and they are holding down the fort while their husband is deployed.

So today I want to salute those men and women who serve! Ok, I think I just wrote my blog post in your comment section.