This is my first "Mr. Linky" response: it is to the "carnival" going on this weekend @ http://www.coffeegal.blogspot.com/
If you came to my house today....
You'd see the "re-do" of my sunroom, complete with newly made window treatments... so newly made that I haven't even smoothed out the folds yet. I loved this fabric & looked a long time before finding just what I wanted at a GREAT price (it was discontinued!) It has a little bit of black that forms squares, & is a silk type fabric (though I don't think the real thing, because it doesn't wrinkle badly & was actually easy to work with.) We did purchase 2 new chairs, same fabric but different styles. We went to a discount furniture store & sat in chairs until we each found what was most comfortable to us. Then I picked out the fabric & ordered them. The chairs that we replaced are now in another room where we had no chairs. One of them is a chair that is about 35 years old & has been reupholstered at least 4 times, & has been tagged by both of my adult children as "theirs" when I get rid of it... so I can't get rid of it! I mean, I can't play favorites...


You'd see my autumn touches in the sunroom that go so great with the new color scheme in there! The tassels are black which ties in with the black in the rug & the chairs.
I love frugal "finds": the lamp came from a great discount place near the beach, the "cloth" (actually a placemat) was on sale at JoAnne's, the little orange balls in the vases came from Hobby Lobby & were marked down 75% back in the summer, & the vases were FREE (sent to us by the car dealership where we bought my car.... I don't know why.)
The pattern in the placemat is leaves & I've had the coasters for a long time, so voila, everything ties the autumn theme together!
You'd see some autumn colors & my year round coasters (made by my daughter & given to me as a gift last Christmas) in our family room...

You'd see some of my favorite "collectables": the plate was a gift when I was in Turkey a couple of years ago, the "hospitality angel" was a gift from friends recently, & the pumpkins are part of my autumn collection. I leave the plate & angel out all the time & loved grouping all of these together.

You would see my new kitchen table cloth (I'm TRYING to tie my kitchen, which is blue & yellow & "tan", to my sunroom.) And the last of the fall decor...


You would find 10 dozen chocolate chip oatmeal cookies... or what's left of them. I had to send a bag home with my sailor son who came for a 24 hour visit (his weekend visit was shortened by getting called into work on Sat. AM...), & a bag home to my sweet daughter & her family. The rest will go to the USO (I SURE don't want them sitting around here tempting me!)
Oh, & along with my sailor son came his dog, Gus (a boxer), & his girlfriend's dog, Gordy,(a vishla... I have no idea how to spell this one, but he is the same size as Gus...) I thank the dear Lord that the sun was out today & we ALL were able to go on a long hike!
You would find the remnants of a GREAT weekend! Why would we only use our "very best" for company when those closest to us love to be honored? My grandchildren thought these chargers were so neat when I recently used them for a table display at our church, so when they came for dinner Sat. night I decided to use them. And since they love the stemmed glasses, we had sparkling pomegranate juice in them!

You would find the remnants of a GREAT weekend! Why would we only use our "very best" for company when those closest to us love to be honored? My grandchildren thought these chargers were so neat when I recently used them for a table display at our church, so when they came for dinner Sat. night I decided to use them. And since they love the stemmed glasses, we had sparkling pomegranate juice in them!
Most of all, if you came to my house today you would be welcomed in to sit & chat, have a cup of coffee or tea with a little snack (or a full meal... my kids have always teased me about trying to get everyone to "eat, eat, eat!"), & invited to come again. May our home always be one of blessing others!
5 comments:
It worked!
I am proud to visit your home on your first bloggy Carnival!
First, your window treatments are lovely and your cozy little chair in the corner of the room looks so inviting. I want to sit there!
I would help you out with those cookies, cuz, I can be very sacrificial when it comes to cookies. ;)
Thank you so much for playing. It was great to get a peek into your day!
I would feel very welcome if I came to your house today. I love the re-do and your warm decor.
What a thoughtful and loving mom you are!
I love everything about your new re-do! The window treatments are stunning. I'm sorry your sailor got called back to work early :(. I've been wondering just how many of those cookies would be left to take to the USO :D. Great post!
I love those plates that you have set out in the last picture. My MIL has them and I have begged for them when she's tired of the look and wants to change.
Thanks for inviting us to your house! (Sorry I'm a few days late visiting!)
All your decorations look so nice. I need to be more on the ball when it comes to that kind of stuff. Just never enough hours in the day!
Yummy Cookies!!
Post a Comment