Friday, February 5, 2010

Look at Them Grow!

 As I said, these grow REALLY fast!  There are buds on some of them, so in a few more days I should be able to show the blooms!
It was so much fun watching these pop up so quickly that today I planted some tulips & hyacinths in pots (& it really isn't "forcing them"... it is giving them the opportunity to GROW!  If I had put them out in the yard, the squirrels would probably have eaten them.)
  After white fragrant flowers, I should have colorful & fragrant flowers to follow...
  The pot in the front & the identical one right behind it I got at a yard sale for $1 for the 2 of them (with the $9.99 price tag still on each of them & they had never been used!)  Love a bargain!
  But even more, love getting my fingers in the dirt!  And so quickly seeing results...


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh I am excited to see what the bloom looks like. I should have thought of planting in pots since I can not plant in my yard this year.

Gretchen said...

Ewww.... fingers in the dirt. Unless it's "clean dirt" without worms or bugs. =)